close

Search Term

Enter a search term (optional)

Categories

Select One (optional)

Image

(optional)


Holiday

Select as many as you like (optional)

  • Christmas
  • Cinco de Mayo
  • Earth Day
  • Easter
  • Fall
  • Father's Day
  • Halloween
  • Jewish Holiday
  • Kwanzaa
  • Mother's Day
  • New Year's
  • Patriotic Holiday
  • Spring
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • Summer
  • Thanksgiving
  • Valentine's Day
  • Winter
  • Back to School
  • Birthdays
  • Fourth of July
  • Labor Day
  • Memorial Day
Cuisine Type

Select as many as you like (optional)

  • American
  • Amish
  • Asian
  • Chinese
  • French
  • Greek
  • Indian
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Jewish
  • Mexican
  • Southern
  • Tropical

Seasonal

Select as many as you like (optional)

  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Fall
  • Winter
Cooking Method

Select as many as you like (optional)

  • Casserole
  • Grilling
  • Microwave
  • No Bake
  • Oven
  • Pressure Cooker
  • Skillet
  • Slow Cooker
Cooking Time

Select One (optional)

Preparation Time

Select One (optional)

Chill Time

Select One (optional)

Number of Ingredients

Select One (optional)

Slow Cooker Time HIGH

Select One (optional)

Slow Cooker Time LOW

Select One (optional)

FaveHealthyRecipes.com

Menu

The Fast Food Diet

What it is: The Fast Food Diet is a meal plan from the book by Dr. Stephen Sinatra that follows a simple rule – 80/20. Choose a healthy, smart food and beverage 80 percent of the time and enjoy eating whatever you’d like, regret free, the other 20 percent of the time.

How it works: By paying attention more closely to the food selection you decide upon for meals, you make healthy choices…most of the time. Adding a bit of walking (approximately 4.5 miles a day), dieters on this plan aim to control their food decisions and exercise in order to appreciate a little something extra every now and then. Some recommended food includes whole grains, fish twice a week, daily dosage of olive oil, fruits, and tons of water.

What you do: Just think about it! When eating out, especially at a fast food joint, choose grilled chicken instead of battered and deep fried. Pick vinegar and oil based dressings for salads as opposed to cream-based such as Ranch or Blue Cheese. When given the option, choose a baked potato instead of french fries for a side and mustard, not mayo, for condiments. And for beverages, select water or a fruit juice as opposed to soda pop. If you’re still hungry for dessert, grab a delicious fruit parfait instead of cake, pie, or cookies. Attempt to always eat three meals every day, including breakfast.

Benefits: This diet works well for busy lifestyles and makes it easy to keep to your meal plan when eating out.

Downside: There is no guarantee that while on this diet followers won’t consume an unhealthy caloric intake, including processed food. All in all, this diet does not celebrate good eating habits in the long run.
 

Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!

Your Recently Viewed Recipes

I have not made this yet so I cannot rate it.

Include a Photo Include a Photo

Click the button above or drag and drop images onto the button. You can upload two images.

Cancel Reply to Comment

Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!

Close

Report Inappropriate Comment

Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.

Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.

Recipe of the Day

California Roll

Do you like California roll sushi? I love it and so I started to make my own at home from scratch. Turns out it's easy to make your… Continue reading: "California Roll"



Something worth saving?

Register now for FREE to:

  • SAVE your favorite recipes
  • ADD personal notes
  • GET fast cooking tips

 

Connect With Us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Twitter
Blog Email RSS

About Us Advertise Contact Us FAQ Keyword Index Privacy Policy Do Not Sell My Personal Information Subscribe Terms of Service Submit Your Recipes! Unsubscribe

FaveHealthyRecipes does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See Terms of Service.

---- 1 ----

close

Images from other cooks

There are currently no images from other cooks.

I Love It