29 Best High Protein Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The secret to maintaining a healthy lifestyle is following a diet rich in protein. Protein has many benefits for your body, such as building and repairing muscles, strengthening hair and nails, and aiding in weight loss. The moment it leaves your fork, protein starts waning your waistline. High-protein foods require more work to digest, metabolize, and use, which means you burn more calories processing them. They also take longer to leave your stomach, so you feel full sooner and for a longer amount of time. Therefore, consuming high-protein foods is one of the best things you can do if you are watching your weight. You will be less likely to snack during the day and your metabolism will be faster so you can burn off the occasional cookie, no problem. It really is not difficult to eat a protein-rich diet. Protein comes from a variety of different sources including meat, milk, beans, and nuts. There are so many tasty options when it comes to high protein meals. Foods like cake and pasta become healthy when made with protein-packed ingredients. From breakfasts to entrees to desserts, we have gathered our 29 Best High Protein Recipes for you to enjoy.
29 Best High Protein Recipes
Table of Contents
It is very important to start your day off with a high protein breakfast. After fasting all night, your body is running empty and needs protein for fuel. Studies have shown that eating protein first thing in the AM can curb hunger and help regulate your appetite throughout the day.
- Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie (pictured above) - A thick and creamy shake with a whopping 28 grams of protein.
- Strawberry Protein Smoothie - Sweet, simple, and bursting with fruity flavor.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Pancakes - Fluffy and wholesome.
- Breakfast Omelet Muffins - Perfect for an easy breakfast-to-go.
- Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with Brown Rice Crust - This high protein recipe is light and hearty.
- Egg White Scramble - When it comes to choosing a good source of protein, egg whites can't be beat.
- Banana Yogurt Bread - The Greek yogurt makes this banana bread extra moist and healthy.
- Kitchen Sink Egg Bake - Wake up to this egg-ceptional dish.
These high protein recipes are loaded with hearty and nutritious ingredients that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Many of these recipes use quinoa, which is one of the most protein-dense foods. One heaping cup of quinoa contains 24 grams of protein. In this list, you will also see protein-rich ingredients like beans, lean meats, avocado, and tofu.
- Not-Your-Mama's Eggplant Parmesan - Cheesy and chock-full of protein.
- Mexican Quinoa Bake - Spice up your average dinner with this zesty dish.
- Guilt-Free Tuna Noodle Casserole - Tuna is a wonderful source of protein.
- 20-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta - A quick and unique way to serve pasta.
- General Tso's Tofu - This high protein recipe is much better than takeout.
- Quinoa Stuffed Squash - A new way to eat your vegetables.
- Quinoa "Mac & Cheese" - You won't believe there are no noodles.
- Lemon Chicken with Dill Orzo and Chickpeas - Chicken paired with chickpeas boasts a lot of protein.
- Quinoa Chicken Pot Pie (pictured above) - It's the same comfort classic without all of the calories.
- Black Bean Turkey Burger with Spinach and Feta - This healthy burger tastes absolutely amazing.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Black Bean Tacos - Simple, spicy, and spectacular.
- 3 Bean Turkey Chili - This dish is sure to keep you full.
- Hearty Sweet Potato Chili - One of the greatest vegetarian chili recipes.
- Secret Ingredient Chicken Broccoli Casserole - It's no secret that quinoa is the best.
Looking for more healthy quinoa recipes? Try these 14 Refreshing Quinoa Salad Recipes.
If you're craving something sweet but worried that a little treat might hurt your diet, try making one of these delicious high protein recipes. These divine desserts are made with high protein ingredients so you can indulge without the guilt.
- Double Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies - Double the chocolate but half the fat.
- Secret Fudge Brownies - Decadant, rich, and totally vegan, too.
- Chunky Monkey Cake - You would never guess that there is no sugar in this dangerously delicious dessert.
- Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt Cups (pictured above) - Light and refreshing.
- Chia Seed Pudding - Chia is a super food that's not only high in protein, but also in fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
- Vegan Quinoa Beanut Butter Chocolate Cake - What's better than peanut butter and chocolate?
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Protein Fudge - A feel-good kind of fudge.
Did you enjoy this collection of high protein recipes? If so, download our free eCookbook, 8 Egg Recipes for Healthy Eating and find even more ways to incorporate protein into your diet.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Shrimp With Tomatoes And Feta
- Thai Omelette (kai Jeow))
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Homemade Creole Seasoning
- Thai Chili Flakes
- 30 Minute Mexican Quinoa Skillet
- Cherry Chocolate Granola Smoothie Bowl
- Grilled Asian Skirt Steak
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook