Jacqueline Fulvio - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Jacqueline Fulvio, “Jackie” is a Post-doctoral research associate at the University of Minnesota who assumes the role of gluten-free food experimenter outside the lab. As a child, Jackie would join her mother in the family’s Northern New Jersey kitchen, sitting on the countertop watching her every move. Before long, she was the baker of the household, tackling projects like homemade pies. She was a varsity long-distance runner throughout high school, focused on eating and training for optimal performance. A pervasive interest in health, nutrition, and the mind and body led Jackie along a pre-med track, double-majoring in Biological Sciences and Psychology when she began her undergraduate degree at Rutgers University in 2000. Throughout college, she developed her cooking skills, and by graduation in 2004, she had made the important decision to pursue a PhD in Cognition and Perception at New York University. It was there that she began a lifetime of research on the brain’s processing of sensory information and extra-curricular culinary experimentation. During her five years of graduate school in New York City, Jackie discovered the source of her inability to feel wholly well: Celiac Disease. Forced to learn how to cook and bake with a gluten-free dietary restriction, she began documenting her successes and failures in a food blog, “Jackie’s kitchen”. Today, she lives in Minneapolis where she continues her scientific research by day and gastronomic research by night. Her food is 100% gluten-free, with a strong emphasis on fresh organic vegetarian cooking, though meat does appear as well. As collaboration is an important driving force, Jackie derives much enthusiasm from readers’ input.
Jackie's Recipes on FaveHealthyRecipes:
Custard-Filled Powdered Sugar Donut Muffins
Veggie Saute Over Quinoa With Sweet-Hot Garlic Sauce
Flourless Black Bean Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Coconut Oil Icing
Slow Cooker Split Pea and Red Lentil Soup
Spicy Slow Cooker Pinto Bean Tortilla Soup
Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Greens
Fluffy Butternut Squash Puree with Sticky Maple Pecans
Mashed Potatoes and Greens
Healthy Pecan Almond Toffee
Warming Garlic Lemon Ginger Soup
Loaded Potato Soup
"Soup-er" Simple Cabbage Soup
Better than Campbell's Tomato Soup
Special Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Slow Cooker French Dip Beef
No Bake Coconut Bars
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chili Garlic Tofu Scramble
- Lemon-olive Oil Dressing – Clean Eating
- Chocolate Plus Breakfast Smoothie
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Authentic Pico De Gallo
- 3-ingredient Savoy Cabbage Stew
- Dairy Free Pina Colada Ice Cream (nice Cream)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Overnight Protein Oats
- Pineapple Easy Breakfast Smoothie
- Mocktail Hawaiian Sangria Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook