Dani Mardayat - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dani Mardayat - Food Blogger: "I've held a lifelong passion for food, not just for the tangible taste itself, but for the unique culture behind each dish or ingredient. I credit my Indonesian heritage for this curiosity and obsession as it's taught me that food not only sates a hunger, but it feeds your soul. Growing up, I spent most weekends accompanying my parents on trips to the Asian grocery store, dissecting the importance of a cuttlefish and getting dizzy over the available variety of chili sauces. From happy celebrations to times of mourning, food, especially Indonesian cuisine, was always a central part of my family's life. And with each meal, came a rich tapestry of history that explained how the dish came to life.
Today, this passion for food still thrives and can be read about on my blog, Romancing the Scone. I write about the diverse food I cook, the restaurants I sample, the food trends I follow and the fellow foodie friends I keep. Living in metropolitan New York City has given me carte blanche access to multi-ethnic cuisine, whether found at first-rate restaurants or the corner hole-in-the-wall. In between my documenting my culinary jaunts across Manhattan, I also write about quirky food finds plucked from small towns and exotic bites found at venues abroad. One important lesson I've learned: if the food tastes good and is made of quality, fresh ingredients, it doesn't matter if it's discovered at a rural venue or big city hot spot, as food culture exists everywhere.
I'm happy to be contributing to the Fave Diets site and hope you enjoy my writings on how to incorporate these unique dishes and ingredients into your healthy lifestyle!"
Dani's Articles and Recipes on FaveHealthyRecipes.com:
Take Off with Healthier Options: Healthy Eating at Airports
Take Off with Healthier Options – Refuel with Water
All About Lentils: From Cooking Lentils to Lentils Nutrition
Indonesian Chicken Stew (Opor Ayam)
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"This sweet and smoky rib rub is perfect for summer bbq's. Not only is this great on ribs but it's super yummy on grilled chicken too.… Continue reading: "Sweet Smoky Chicken and Rib Rub"
Anne Colagioia - Video Producer
Kent Altena - Video Producer
Kevin Lynch - Food Blogger
Kim Morris - Food Blogger
Averie Sunshine - Food Blogger
Sonia The Healthy Foodie - Food Blogger
Rebecca Turner - Registered Dietician
Billy Vasquez - Food Blogger
Danielle Walker - Food Blogger
Kalyn Denny - Food Blogger
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fresh Lemongrass Tea
- Mediterranean Green Olive Salad Dressing
- Cold Couscous Salad
- Savory Fruit Salad
- 5-Ingredient Garlic Prawns with Bell Peppers
- Dump-and-Bake Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
- Berry Overnight Oatmeal
- Red Currant Cordial
- Hummus Without Tahini
- Spinach & Bacon Hasselback Chicken
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook