This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Handmade Wonton Wrappers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Handmade Wonton Wrappers are easy and fun to make at home Instead of buying store-bought Wonton Wrappers, try making your own. These vegan wonton wrappers are a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. Anyone can help make these and will have fun doing so. Use your imagination to find a filling for these versatile wrappers that can be used for Asian-style dumplings or other kinds of appetizers."
Preparation Time1 hr
Chilling Time30 min
- 12 7/20 (1-ounce) All purpose flour
- 3 9/10 (1-ounce) water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Put the flour in a mixing bowl. [Optional: at this point you can add 1/2 teaspoon of spices, such as ground ginger, curcuma, red pepper, matcha tea, or ground coriander, if you want to flavor or color your dough.]
Pour the boiling water onto the flour and begin mixing with a wooden spoon until you get a rough dough.
Add the salt and cold (room temperature) water. Continue to mix with the wooden spoon until the dough comes together.
Knead the dough about 5 minutes to make it elastic and smooth. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour. If the dough is too dry, add a little more water. Try adjusting with only a little flour or water at a time.
Pour the vegetable oil into the mixing bowl or on a hard clean surface. Roll your dough into the oil and continue kneading until the oil becomes incorporated. When you are done, the dough should feel like an ear lobe (soft and smooth). [Optional: at this point you can add some fresh herbs, such as coriander or mint, with 1 tablespoon of water to add flavor].
Optional: Roll the dough in plastic wrap and leave it to sit or put in the refrigerator about 30 minutes. This step is not absolutely necessary but does help to roll out the dough better. You can even leave the dough up to a couple of days in the refrigerator before rolling it out.
Read NextEasy 2 Ingredient Naan (no Yeast)
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Imagine you just ordered a cozy bowl of broccoli Cheddar soup. It's steaming hot, ultra creamy, and sitting in a big fluffy bread… Continue reading: "Lightened Up Panera-Inspired Broccoli Cheddar Soup"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- The Best Homemade Chorizo Pizza
- Easy 2 Ingredient Naan (no Yeast)
- Adding Vanilla Extract To Coffee Homemade Recipe
- The Ultimate Cheese Scones
- How To Make Quality Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
- Easy One Pan Chicken Stroganoff
- Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Fiesta Chicken Soup
- Ooey Gooey Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- The Best Fish Pie Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook