- see all comments
"Looks good but haven't tried it yet"
"What is the nutrition for this recipe?"
"The recipe won't pull up. I get and error page from a blogger named Kelly."
"5 ingredient cheesecake for 2"
Chicken Fiesta Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
This recipe for chicken casserole is so good because it incorporates the classic Mexican flavors that you have grown to love. Give this Mexican casserole recipe a try tonight to discover a whole new world of flavor.
This recipe makes enough for seven casseroles.
For more awesome Mexican-style recipes, check out our page on The Best Mexican Food: 29 Healthy Easy Mexican Recipes
For all the healthy Mexican recipes you would ever need, download the 40 Healthy Easy Mexican Recipes Free eCookbook
Cooking Time1 hr
- 12 cups lean skinless chicken, cooked and diced
- 12 cups reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 cups canned green chilies, chopped
- 1 quart fat free sour cream
- 4 cans low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups salsa
- 48 corn tortillas
- 7 cups reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, jack cheese, chilies, sour cream, soup, and salsa.
- In a Five quart round container layer the tortillas with the mixture. Use one tortilla, then one big cup of mixture, then tortilla; and press down.
- Repeat till the mixture is gone, ending with tortillas.
- Divide the cheddar into seven portions, place into bags, and place one on top of each casserole.
- Before baking, pop the casserole out of the container, place in an oven-proof casserole dish, top with the grated cheddar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, till hot and bubbly throughout.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Sep 20, 2014
I made this but, made some adjustments big time. Such as: very little cheese, 3 flour tortillas, No Chilies, a dash of red pepper, can corn & drained the water. It was a little soggy, but when you are on dialysis & have a very strict diet, this was excellant. The next time I make this, I will shredd the chicken to make it easier to cut upon eating. It was so good, I cannot wait to go to the Store again & buy some more ingredients to make it again. Plus, I have Cronic Constipation & adding the Corn helped me go instantly. Just FYIO. Highly recommend. Thank you so much.
Aug 25, 2014
I will probably try this but I will definetly cut in half because I live alone & do not need to make that much at all!!! I agree, these recipes are picked ramdonly & therefore cannot control the portion size. I personally have to adjust all recipes anyways due to renal diet so it has to be adjusted in some form anyways. But I love mexican food & I will be back to rate it once I have made & tasted it.
Oct 18, 2012
Didn't anyone pay attention in math class or use a calculator? Divide by seven and then round it off. Here's one to get you started. 12 cups of cheese divided by 7 then rounded off is approx. 1.75 cups or 1 3/4 cups. Good Luck!
Aug 17, 2011
@ oubk, Please keep in mind that this serves 28 people, so that comes down to 2/3 cup per person. Also, I'm sure you could use less cheese and it would still be tasty! --Editor of FaveDeits
Aug 16, 2011
Does that really say NINETEEN cups of cheese? I don't care how many people you're feeding, that's absurd. This had the potential to be a really healthy recipe but I've passed right over it.
pateavenson 828311 0
Jun 07, 2012
I only see it calling for 7 cups of cheese
Jun 21, 2015
12 cups reduced fat Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded 7 cups reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated = 19 cups.. it uses 2 types of cheese
Jun 30, 2011
Hi dancingdebi 2018576 - All of our recipes are user submitted so unfortunately we cannot control the serving sizes. This recipe was probably intended to make for a party. If you don't want to divide the ingredients by 7, here's an alternative Mexican chicken casserole you could try: http://www.FaveHealthyRecipes.com/Chicken-Casserole-Recipes/South-of-the-Border-Chicken-Casserole Hope this helps! -The editors of FaveHealthyRecipes
dancingdebi 201857 6
Jun 30, 2011
This recipe sounds good. Why would anybody post something that serves 28 people? I probably won't be making it because it's impossible to figure to divide some of these items by 7 to figure out how to make 1. It would have made more sense to list for 1 or 2 servings and let people double it or triple it or whatever they want to do to make more.
Jun 18, 2012
this recipe sounds like it comes from someone who cooks extra batches to freeze.
Jun 20, 2011
@txangel13200 6123348: We suggest making just 1 of the seven casseroles this recipe makes in order to serve 5 people. In order to do so, you will need to divide all ingredient quantities by 7. Hope this helps! -- Editor of FaveHealthyRecipes
txangel13200 61233 48
Jun 17, 2011
How can I break this down for 5 people?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
3-Ingredient Fruit Cobbler
This 3-Ingredient Fruit Cobbler is one of the easiest dessert recipes ever. Because this recipe uses cake mix, you won't have to… Continue reading: "3-Ingredient Fruit Cobbler"
- Extra-Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Skinny Rotisserie Chicken and Grits Casserole
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Cheese Please Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Betty's Best Barbecue Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- Heart Healthy Cracker Barrel Copycat Chicken Casserole
- Healthy and Easy Chicken Casserole
- Secret Ingredient Chicken Broccoli Casserole
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- GET fast cooking tips
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Healthy Egg Muffin Cups Easy Recipe
- Big Mac Casserole
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup (no Cream)
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Easy Jeera Chicken With Yogurt
- Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Pasta Salad
- Chicken And Pasta Casserole With Vegetables
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook