Japanese Milk Bread Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Hokkaido, or tangzhong milk rolls are the fantastically soft, fluffy and sweetish bread that is the favourite with the Japanese. Come to think about it, I could have figured they would have some excellent breads, seeing as they make the best breadcrumbs in the world - Panko. These little things are incredible – like bits of cloud encapsulated in a baker’s crust. They owe the softness and moistness to the peculiar technique that involves making a flour and milk roux, almost as if setting off to make a béchamel. The roux, or tangzhong, is then mixed with the rest of more ordinary ingredients; proved, shaped and baked in rolls or loaves, whose heel, incidentally, is made into panko."
Preparation Time1 hr
Cooking Time25 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fried Coconut Shrimp
- Garlic And Rosemary Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Prickly Pear Juice
- Baked Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Fruit And Yogurt Parfaits
- The Best Easy Orange Drizzle Cake
- The Best Easy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- Ham And Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook