Healthy Baked French Toast
This baked french toast recipe creates a healthy version of the classic breakfast dish with the help of skim milk and low-fat cottage cheese. Enjoy breakfast and stick to your healthy diet.
On Monther's Day, surprise your Mom with more great brunch recipes like this one.
For even more healthy breakfast recipes to add to your easy breakfast menus, be sure to check out The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus Free eCookbook
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 2/3 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (or oatmeal, or other whole grain bread)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a food processor or blender, whirl the cottage cheese, milk, sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish, place the bread in it, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray generously. Place it in the preheat oven for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, place the bread on it, and bake for 6 minutes. Turn the bread over and bake 5 to 6 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve with no-sugar-added jam.
Read NextIndividual Bacon Mushroom Frittatas