Lentils in a Skillet
By: Cuisine Fiend from cuisinefiend.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"When I was a kid my grandmother sometimes cooked lentil soup – I used to think it looked like mud, tasted like mud and smelled worse. I wasn’t a fan. I’ve since tried cooking them in different ways – my favourite being crispy, not soupy, with mushrooms to match their earthy flavour. Or muddy flavour, as my ten year old self would describe it. I insist – use porcini mushrooms in this recipe. Since it is next to impossible to get hold of the fresh porcini or ceps in England the dried ones will do, even better as they will impart the flavour to the water while soaking and it can be then passed on to the lentils for cooking."
Preparation Time40 min
Cooking Time40 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Deconstructed Breakfast Burrito Bowl
- Savory Oatmeal with Pesto, Tomatoes, and Egg
- Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Broccolini
- Lazy Cake
- Pasta with Asparagus and Lemon
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Homemade Vegan Queso
- Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet
- Microplane Twist and Zest Citrus Tool
- Capresso H20 Steel Plus Electric Kettle