23 Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes to Tempt You
These ground turkey recipes are the best way to make your meals healthier and tastier!
By: Editors of FaveHealthyRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Healthy ground turkey recipes are incredibly versatile and easy to make. They are also full of flavor and low in fat. From ground turkey burger recipes to ground turkey meatloaf recipes, these are 23 of the best ground turkey recipes for dinner on the internet. Make any one of these ground turkey recipes tonight to discover the healthy goodness found in all of these recipes.
Ground turkey is also a phenomenal substitute for ground beef. It's well known that red meat isn't particularly healthy for you, so it would be good to substitute a meal that typically would include red meat with something healthier like ground turkey.
So, give it a try and make any of your favorite ground beef recipes with ground turkey instead. You'll be saving yourself from a lot of unnecessary fat and calories and still getting plenty of protein from your meals.
If you like these recipes, subscribe for more in our newsletter, Quick and Healthy Recipes!
Table of Contents
Ground Turkey Burger Recipes
Your summer barbecues will never be the same once you give these recipes a try. These are feel-good burgers that your neighbors will thank you for. Everyone will be begging you for these burger recipes. These are some of the best easy healthy ground turkey recipes that we can find. You'll want to make them all summer long.
Looking for more easy recipes to make for dinner? Check out our free eCookbook: 18 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipes
Meatloaf is a classic recipe that never goes out of style. Kids and adults will love this one-pot recipe. Now, you can make healthier meatloaf for the whole family and find a recipe to suit your taste buds. We've got tons to choose from, so learn how to make them all. All of these options are ground turkey dinner recipes that you're going to want to make all the time.
Looking for easy cooking tips? Check out our collection of Simple Healthy Recipes + Cooking Tips for Beginners
Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
When your weekly meal plan needs face lift, you will be so excited to see how many other recipes call for ground turkey. These amazingly creative recipes will never leave you bored...or hungry. Give one or all of them a try. We promise that they are truly superb!
Bonus: A Brand New Recipe
If you're trying to eat healthier, an easy way to do that is replace red meat with something else. Like ground turkey! This Ground Turkey Pita Pockets Recipe is the perfect thing to make for lunch. You only need five ingredients and it's packed with protein. When you're trying to eat a healthier diet, you might think that it takes drastic changes in order to see any results. However, it's much easier to make a bunch of small changes and you won't have to try as hard. Changing at least one meal a week to ground turkey will make your diet that much healthier. Try this healthy ground turkey recipe today and you'll fall in love with it.
Benefits of Eating Turkey
Everyone knows now that eating a lot of red meat isn't a healthy diet choice (despite it being a very delicious choice). Even replacing a few meals a week with a lighter protein like ground turkey will make you that much healthier. That's why, along with our collection of ground turkey recipes, we've included all of these health benefits of eating turkey (especially ground turkey)!
1. There are about 32g of protein in a 4-oz. serving of turkey, which means that it provides 65% of your recommended daily intake of protein. If you eat a ground turkey sandwich for lunch, you'll be able to go all afternoon.
2. Turkey is a source of iron, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus. It's also a source of vitamin B6 and niacin, both of which are essential for the body's energy production.
3. Regular ground turkey consumption can help you lower your cholesterol levels and help keep insulin levels stable. If you're watching calories, skip eating the skin, as it adds 35 calories to a typical 3.5 ounce serving. Without the skin, turkey is low in saturated fat.
4. If you're worried about feeling sleeping after eating ground turkey because of the tryptophan myth, don't be. Tryptophan is no more abundant in turkey than in many other meats. When you're sleepy after Thanksgiving dinner, it's mostly the carbohydrate-heavy trimmings and side dishes that make you want to nap. Since turkey is so protein rich, it actually stabilizes your insulin levels and will actually diminish your sleepiness.
5. On average, women should aim for 46 grams of protein a day and men should shoot for 56. Turkey is a great way to get yourself most of the way to that goal. It's also fewer in calories and fat than the same serving size as beef.
The Health Benefits of Turkey from My Body and Soul
Is Turkey Actually Good for You? from Time
5 Healthy Benefits of Your Thanksgiving Turkey from The Huffington Post
Which of these ground turkey recipes sounds the best to you? Let us know in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Ham and White Bean Soup
- Steamed Mussels in Garlic and Herb Wine Sauce
- Nutella Banana Pizza
- 30 Minute Pad Thai
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Sirloin Steakhouse Salad w/ Avocado-Garlic Dressing
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Vegan Gluten Free Waffles
- Deconstructed Breakfast Burrito Bowl
- Savory Oatmeal with Pesto, Tomatoes, and Egg