This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Creamy Asparagus Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Healthy soup is so perfect for chilly winter weather, and this asparagus soup recipe will not disappoint! I love making soup in my Instant Pot. If you’re looking for a new unique soup recipe this is it! This instant pot Asparagus Soup is delicious, healthy, and sure to be a family favorite. This soup is super simple to make with very few ingredients but tons of flavor. Your family will love it! Try this recipe and share it with your family!"
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 pounds Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Optional: sour cream, for topping
Prepare asparagus for cooking by washing thoroughly, removing the stalky thick ends and chop into one-inch pieces.
In your Instant Pot, use the Saute setting to melt the butter, then add the onion and asparagus. Cook until the onion is translucent and tender. Add the garlic and cook for one additional minute.
Pour in the chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
Place the lid on your instant pot and lock it into place. Make sure the cover valve is set to “Seal”. Manually select the Pressure Cook button and select “High” for 5 minutes.
When the timer goes off, turn the cover valve to release the pressure. When the steam has settled, remove the lid and allow the soup to cool off a bit.
Pour soup in a blender, and pulse until it is pureed or has reached the desired texture.
Return the soup to the instant pot and select the Saute button again.
In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour, then pour into the soup. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
Allow the soup to simmer and thicken for about 5 minutes.
Just before serving, add ½ teaspoon of lemon zest and juice to your personal taste. Stir in sour cream and serve immediately.
Read NextCabbage Hog Dog And Potato Soup
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"Breakfast should always be a delicious way to start the day! And with this easy barley breakfast pudding recipe, really great things… Continue reading: "Easy Pearl Barley Breakfast Pudding"
- Cabbage Hog Dog And Potato Soup
- Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Low Fat Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Homemade Chicken and Dumplings Soup
- Healthy Chicken and Veggie Soup
- Tomato Cabbage Soup
- Creamed Corn and Zucchini Chowder
- Slow Cooker "Cabbage Patch" Detox Soup
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cheesy Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe
- Cheesy Hot Baked Spinach Dip Recipe
- Easy Mangalore Fish Curry With Coconut Milk
- Air Fryer Tacos
- How To Make Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
- How To Cook A Turkey
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Simple Red Cabbage Soup
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook