How to Make a Salad + 10 Healthy Salad Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are so many ways to make a salad, however, it can be a little tricky to make a really good salad. We're here to help with our advice on How to Make a Salad and 10 Healthy Salad Recipes. You'll always have a perfectly balanced salad to take with you to work, to a potluck, or for a side at dinner tonight. Everyone will rave about how great the salad is and will beg to know your secret. It's a really simple process to make a healthy salad, but sometimes you forget a key element and it throws off the balance of your salad. From now on, you'll be making the better salads than anyone!
Salads are an important aspect of any meal. Whether it's your appetizer or it's your entire meal (which is definitely possible!), it's easy to mess up a salad. Salads can be sad and wilted if you make them wrong; however, if you make the salad following our tips, then you'll never have a sad salad ever again. Since you know how to make a salad that everyone will love, try some of our healthy salad recipes!
If you're looking for healthy salad recipes, check out our free eBook: 12 Simple Salad Recipes
How to Make the Perfect Salad
There are a lot of ingredients that go into making a salad but we're here to help make the process a little easier. A lot of occasions call for a salad from your lunch for work to a potluck at church. You can never have too much of a good salad. You'll want to keep all of these ingredients on hand so you'll always be ready to make a salad for dinner or when you want to eat something a little lighter and healthier.
First you need to pick a base for your salad. This means you have to decide on a leafy green! Depending on what kind of salad you want to make, there is a leafy green for every salad. You can even mix and match your favorites so you don't have to choose just one.
7. Pea Shoots
+ Something Crunchy
Now it's time to add a little crunch to your salad because the rest of your salad is pretty soft. There are a lot of options for you to choose (and we won't stop you from choosing more than one).
6. Bell pepper
+ Something Soft
After you add something crunchy, add something soft! This will add contrast to your salad and make it even better. Your salad will be even more delicious with different textures and flavors that your "something soft" will bring.
1. Roasted sweet potatoes
+ Something Unexpected
Add a little surprise to your healthy salad to add a little flavor and more texture that everyone will enjoy. There are plenty of options so there's something for everyone to choose and add to their salad.
1. Watermelon cubes
2. Cottage cheese
5. Pickled vegetables
7. Dried fruit
Protein is an important aspect of any meal and it's no different when you're making a salad. There are a ton of protein options for any dietary need, whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, on the paleo diet, or if you're an omnivore.
Whether you make it yourself or buy your favorite brand, salad dressing is important. It can make a salad go from good to great. We have plenty of homemade salad dressing recipes for you to try, but first you have to choose what kind of salad dressing you want on your healthy salad.
10 Healthy Salad Recipes
Now you know how to make the best salad, test your knowledge on some of these healthy salad recipes. From Mason jar salads to kale salads, you're going to have fun trying this variety of salads. You'll find yourself keeping the ingredients to make your favorite on hand every week so you can make it anytime you're craving it.
If you liked this article, then check out our printable infographic: Making the Perfect Salad [Infographic]
What do you always put in a salad? Let us know in the comments below!
Read NextMexican Avocado Salad
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
- Mexican Avocado Salad
- Thai Chicken Veggie Noodle Salad With Peanut Sauce
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
- Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- Sesame Garlic Noodle Salad
- Vibrant Lentil Salad With Turmeric
- Light Apple Salad
- Cold Thai Noodle Salad
- Roasted Carrot and Cauliflower Quinoa Kale Salad
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Spam Musubi With Teriyaki Sauce
- Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower Soup
- Easy Spaghetti Arrabiata (6-ingredient Sauce)
- Healthy Baked Feta Recipe
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
- Easy One Pot Sausage And Bean Casserole
- Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa Salad (pumpkin Spice Dressing)
- Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook