Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes are a great way to create naturally sweetened pancakes that are healthy. The whole-wheat flour gives the pancakes a thicker consistency and a nuttier flavor that you will love! I like eating them with very mashed ripe bananas on top. They're sweet enough for me!
For more unbelievable breakfast recipes, click here!
For even more healthy breakfast recipes to add to your easy breakfast menus, be sure to check out The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus Free eCookbook
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oat bran or wheat germ
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine first 4 ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt and oat bran/wheat germ) in a medium bowl; make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and next 4 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Coat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and preheat to 350F degrees.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle, spreading to a 4" circle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn pancakes and cook other side.
Read NextPear Custard Pancake