Rockfish over Shrimp and Crab Risotto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a dish that blends the flavors of the coast with the nourishing tastes of tradition. Topped with a lemon butter sauce, the Rockfish over Shrimp and Crab Risotto is sure to blow any fish out of the water. Enjoy the dish at Burtons Grill, where it was created, or impress your friends at home by following the recipe below.
About Burtons Grill:
Burtons Grill is a full service upscale-casual restaurant specializing in contemporary American cuisine. Burtons Grill features seasonally inspired, ingredient-driven menu items in a polished, yet casual atmosphere with excellent value. Burtons began when three experienced restaurant industry veterans, Kevin Harron, Kevin Rowell and Pat Gordon put their shared experience as restaurant industry veterans together to formulate a vision for their first restaurant. These three business-savvy individuals wanted to create a dining haven for active, discerning adults with sophisticated palates and a zest for high quality food and wine in a comfortable setting. Burtons Grill currently operates in 5 locations: Boston, MA, Hingham, MA, North Andover, MA, South Windsor, CT, and Virginia Beach, VA. Please visit: www.burtonsgrill.com for more information.
- 3 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, pomace
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white onion, ¼ inch x ¼ inch
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 fluid ounce Chardonnay
- 2 teaspoons butter, salted, softened
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (7-ounce) pieces rockfish, skinned, 1 ½ inch thick
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 4 ounces butter, salted
- 24 ounces risotto, cooked
- 6 ounces corn kernels, fresh, off the cob
- 2 ounces snap peas, cut in ¼ inch bias
- 4 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 2 fluid ounces clarified butter
- 4 ounces Rock shrimp, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 4 ounces crab meat
- 8 tablespoons Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, whole
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted, cut in small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, white
- In a small sauce pot, bring the vegetable stock to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and reduce the heat. Cook until they are translucent, but do not allow them to brown.
- Stir in the Arborio rice until each kernel is coated in oil and you start to see white dots in the rice (about 3 minutes).
- Pour in the white wine and reduce by ¾.
- Using a ladle, pour in just enough vegetable stock to barely cover the rice. Stir the rice until the stock is absorbed.
- Repeat this process, tasting along the way, until the risotto is no longer crunchy but has an al dente texture. You may not use all of the vegetable stock.
- Stir in the softened butter, salt, and pepper.
- Keep the risotto warm and reserve some of the vegetable stock for finishing the dish.
Rockfish over Shrimp and Crab Risotto
Place the fish directly on top of the risotto and drizzle some of the lemon butter around the outside of the plate. Garnish with chives and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dry off the rockfish fillets and lightly season them with the blackening seasoning.
- In a large sauté pan (2 pans may be necessary) heat the salted butter over medium-high heat until it is just about to smoke. Place the fish fillets face down into the pan and sear until golden brown (3 to 5 minutes). Using a spatula, flip the fish over and sear for another minute.
- Drain the oil out of the pan and place pan in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes so the fish can finish cooking.
- In the mean time, heat the clarified butter in another sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the rock shrimp, flipping them after a minute.
- When the shrimp are cooked on both sides, but still a little raw in the middle, add the shallots, snap peas, and corn. Stirring occasionally, cook until the snap peas are just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, toss in the crab meat to take the chill out and stir the mixture into the prepared risotto. Stir in the parmesan cheese and place equal amounts of the risotto on four plates
Lem on Butter Sauce
- Combine the wine, lemon juice, thyme, salt, shallots, and black pepper corns in a small sauce pot and reduce until caramel color and nearly dry over medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce until thickened and pale yellow in color.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in the cubed butter.
- When butter is fully incorporated, strain through a fine mesh strainer and hold in metal bowl over a pot of water that is just barely hot (110 degrees F).
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Easy Homemade Pizza
- 15 Minute Turkey Stir Fry
- 20 Minute Creamy Kale Pasta
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake (no Ice Cream Recipe)
- Glazed And Grilled Tuna Steaks
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Spring Mix Salad With Oriental Dressing
- Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- The Best Air Fryer Hash Browns Recipe
- Simple Curry Chicken Thighs
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook