Caramel Apple Bites
Making homemade caramel apples that are also healthy is super simple thanks to this Caramel Apple Bites recipe from Dorothy Delaney. These mini caramel apples are a great raw food option for any Halloween or fall party.
For more raw food recipes, check out Dorothy's Featured Foodies profile page.
To see exactly how Dorothy makes these mini caramel apple bites, check out this food video tutorial:
- 6 organic apples, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups dates, soaked in 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups walnuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts or other nut of your choice
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- In a food processor, blend until smooth the soaked dates, tahini, vanilla and salt. Put the date paste in a bowl.
- Dip each apple slice into the date mixture. Swirl in nuts. Chill in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Read Next24-Hour Fruit Salad