Great Low Carb Bread Company Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Great Low Carb Bread Company Review
Gifted by: Great Low Carb Bread Company
Reviewed by Carlie Dobkin, Editor of FaveHealthyRecipes.com
My opinion about low-carb bread has always been this: it's impossible. Bread = carbs and thus, having bread without carbs is simply preposterous. For those breads claiming to be "low-carb," they just didn't taste right. Either they were loaded with artificial ingredients or didn't have the same soft and chewy texture that we all love about bread. I was dead set on sticking to my anti-low-carb bread stance, until I tried the bread from the Great Low Carb Bread Company.
First, I was intrigued by the variety of products they offered. Besides the usual breads, buns, and bagels, they also make granola, desserts, pizza crust, and crackers. Before trying the latter, I opted for the basic bread. My thoughts about this bread would decide if I try the other products. And wow, was I blown away! The bread not only was fresh, but also had the perfect texture. I really enjoyed the cinnamon flavor. It wasn't overly sweet like many of the cinnamon swirl breads that I've had in the past. Because I liked the cinnamon bread so much, I wanted to try the cinnamon bagels. Bagels are a favorite of mine. I like them thick and fluffy. I was surprised to see that these fit the description. They were big and plump, not thin and flimsy like the ones you buy from the bread aisle at the grocery store. I recommend toasting the bagels and adding a pat of butter. Now that's what I call a great breakfast. The other flavors look just as good. The Great Low Carb Bread Company also has pumpkin spice, rye, sourdough, sesame, and pumpernickel.
Bagels and sandwich bread are pretty standard for bread companies. I was excited that the Great Low Carb Bread Company also carries cakes, muffins, brownies and rolls. I was a bit skeptical about the desserts, but I knew I needed to try them. Once again, I was impressed. They have something called a cake square that comes in peanut butter, cinnamon, banana, almond, and lemon. I absolutely love peanut butter so it was a given that I'd be sampling the peanut butter one. DELICIOUS. The square-shaped cake was moist and almost sponge-like because it was so light. It had a pleasant peanut butter flavor that did not disappoint.
Overall, I was very satisfied with these products. The Great Low Carb Bread Company truly is great. The bread is low calorie (60 calories per slice) and has only 1 net carb per slice. Plus, they use high-quality, non-GMO ingredients like almond flour, flax meal, oat fiber, and all-natural stevia. If you're in need of a low-carb bread, this is the brand for you.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
With a few smart ingredient substitutions, Anne Colagioia is able to make a Bisquick impossible taco pie recipe that you can feel good… Continue reading: "Seven Layer Impossible Taco Pie"
- Enter for your chance to win the Smart Planet NDK 2-in-1 Vacuum Bottle Giveaway!
- Delallo Pasta Review
- Wyman's of Maine Frozen Fruit Review
- V8 V-Fusion Smoothie Review
- Win a Rachael Ray 3-Quart Covered Steamer!
- Chance to Win Pretty Pinky Up Tea!
- Laura's Wholesome Junk Food Cranberry Breakfast Bite-lettes Review
- King Arthur Flour Review
- Earth Balance Review
- Kettle Cuisine Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Arugula Salad
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins With Streusel Topping
- Blueberry Oat Muffins
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Oatmeal
- The Best Florentine Quiche
- Kerala Chicken Curry With Coconut
- All About Pesto
- Red White Blue Cheese And Fruit Charcuterie Board
- How To Cook Frozen Hamburgers In The Oven
- The Best Air Fryer Tofu!
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook