We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Long before the Will It Blend? series exploded on YouTube, Tom Dickson was blending 2x2s with his blenders to determine their capability. Not surprising for this engineer and inventor, who grew up putting big engines in little things.
Back in 1975, Tom's curiosity was piqued when he used a vacuum to clean up some spilled wheat kernels. His innate inquisitiveness drove him to revolutionize the home wheat milling industry, taking it from stone grinding to his patented stainless steel milling heads. Like most inventors, Tom didn't stop there. He envisioned the perfect mixer using the freshly milled flour from his mill to make wholesome bread in minutes. When back in the lab, Tom developed an autoknead feature, enabling the mixer to knead the dough, develop the gluten and turn off automatically when finished. Tom continued to improve the mixer and decided to add a blender with a square jar, rather than the conventional round jar. As Tom expanded his mill and mixer business, new ideas developed. He enhanced the blender and began developing commercial blending machines just as the smoothie era began.
Fast forward a few decades to the present: Tom is still inventing and the company is still growing! Walking into the world of Blendtec, you'll find the innovative engineering team and their "torture chamber, " you'll see the international team preparing for where their travels will take them next, and you'll glimpse Tom scooting off to blend up his next invention.
Today, people all around the world use Blendtec blenders in their homes, restaurants, smoothie shops, coffee shops and more. We continue to keep dreaming of new and better ways to build machines that improve the lives of others. It all began with one man and his curiosity. He has shared that vision with others, and with his team, the dream continues to unfold.
Check out Blendtec's Wild Blueberry Shake in this printable free eCookbook, The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Cleaning up is one of the worst parts about cooking. Make the process a little easier with this One-Pot Wonder with Sausage and… Continue reading: "One-Pot Wonder with Sausage and Veggies"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tomato Kurma Without Coconut
- Garlic Curry Recipe (poondu Kuzhambu)
- Skrewball Ice Cream
- Hoisin Sauce
- Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Egg Curry Recipe(kerala Style)
- Vegetarian Sausage Basil Pizza
- Saffron Rice Kheer
- Tender Coconut Kheer
- White Chicken Chili
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook