Susie’s Red Fruit Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The cake is fruity, tender, moist, decadent, generously covered with a homemade strawberry glaze and dolloped with lazy whipped cream. One of the best ways to show someone how much you care about is by baking them a beautiful homemade gift, keep it or Valentine’s day, it is the best way to say” I love you”! Tips and Tricks Make sure cake ingredients are at room temperature for best results. The frozen berries added to the cake batter need to be coated with flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom. Coat the cake with the strawberry glaze while the cake is hot. You need to return it to the ring pan to enclose the glaze, making it easier for the cake to absorb the glaze. Susie believes that a Charlotte pan yields a better looking cake, unfortunately I don’t have a Charlotte pan so I had to make it with a ring cake pan. If you have it don’t hesitate to use it. The cake keeps and gets better after a day which makes it a fantastic time saver if you are entertaining. Bake the cake, coat with the strawberry glaze, leave it to cool down, cover it with cling film then refrigerate. Bring to room temperature the next day, and assemble the cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook