Chicken Lo Mein
Learn how to make one of the most recognizable Chinese noodle recipes at home with this Chicken Lo Mein recipe from Anne Colagioia. This Chinese food recipe is loaded with healthy vegetables, and is ready from start to finish in under 30 minutes. As a bonus, this easy Chicken Lo Mein recipe can be made gluten free.
If you are following a gluten free diet, be sure to use gluten free spaghetti and soy sauce. Prep all of the ingredients in advance before starting to cook this one since this dish moves along pretty quickly once it's started.
For more gluten free recipes from Anne, be sure to check out her Featured Foodies profile page.
To see just how Anne makes this easy Chicken Lo Mein recipe, watch this cooking video:
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 10 ounces chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons duck sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- Scallions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Put a pot of water on to boil then stir together the chicken, cornstarch, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce then set aside.
- Once you’ve dropped the pasta into the boiling water, add the marinated chicken and garlic mixture to a large nonstick skillet over a medium high heat with a tablespoon of oil and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is nicely browned on all sides. Then, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add all of the veggies with the other tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the chicken back to the pan and continuing to sauté for 2 minutes. By now the noodles should be done. Drain them and add them to the pan with the duck sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir everything together for another 2 minutes. If the pan looks too dry at any point add a few tablespoons of water and continue to stir until everything is well combined and nicely coated and then it’s ready to serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced scallions for more flavor and a nicer presentation.
Read NextChicken Lo Mein