Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
Chances are, you have never thought of mozzarella sticks as healthy finger foods. However, since this Breaded Mozzarella Sticks recipe from Rocky Barragan uses reduced fat cheese and is baked instead of fried, this dish can actually be one of your healthy appetizers for parties. With a five-minute cooking time and just five main ingredients, this is positively one of the easiest healthy party food recipes.
Total prep and cooking time: 10 minutes
For more information about and recipes from Rocky, check out her Featured Foodies profile page.
To see exactly how Rocky makes these oven fried homemade Mozzarella sticks, watch this cooking video:
Cooking Time5 min
- 4 2% mozzarella sticks
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Start out by cutting your Mozzarella sticks in half. This will allow for a more finger friendly appetizer.
- In two small bowls, go ahead and pour in your Egg Beaters in one bowl and your Panko breadcrumbs in the other.
- In your Panko bowl. mix in your salt and oregano.
- Spray down a baking pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Let's start coating! Toss in a Mozzarella stick into your Egg Beaters bowl and then transfer it to your Panko bowl making sure the Mozzarella stick is coated well. Place on your baking pan and continue.
- Once your Mozzarella sticks are all coated place the pan in the broiler on high for about 4 to 5 minutes. Keep a close eye. Once the cheese starts to bubble your Mozzarella stickss are done.
- Eat alone or serve it up with some of your favorite marinara sauce, and enjoy!
Read NextGoat Cheese Balls Appetizer