Kedgeree with Smoked Mackerel
By: Cuisine Fiend from cuisinefiend.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Kedgeree originated in India during the colonial times and migrated to to the UK as a breakfast dish in Victorian times, part of the then fashionable Anglo-Indian cuisine. It's a good dish where the combination of hot smoked fish and prawns with lightly spiced rice works well. I don’t much like smoked haddock that needs to be cooked, which features in a lot of kedgeree recipes: smoked fish for me is ready to be eaten. Also, haddock seems too much of a northern fish to go into a dish of Indian of origin so I’ve replaced it with hot smoked mackerel. Breakfast? I don’t know but it’s an excellent lunch dish and a brilliant starter."
Preparation Time50 min
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Basic Broiled Salmon
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken & Broccoli Egg Cups
- Fresh Pico de Gallo Salad
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Teriyaki
- Thai Pepper Shrimp Curry
- Slow Cooker Creamy Minestrone Soup
- Parmesan Pesto Roasted Potatoes