This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Weight Watchers Sloppy Joe Recipe (Easy!)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
From the blogger: "Weight Watchers Sloppy Joe recipe is a healthy version of the classic sandwich. You will want to try this savory Weight Watchers recipe yourself. Homemade recipes are always the best and this is true comfort food. This Weight Watchers Sloppy Joe recipe is healthier than most you will find. Make sure to get meat that's lean and don't forget to add some vegetables. Keep in mind, that when it's homemade, you get to control how much sodium and sugar you put in."
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 1 pound Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 1 cup Diced Red Pepper
- 1 cup Diced Green Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) Tomato Sauce or Crushed Tomatoes (can)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Add olive oil to a large pan over medium high heat.
Add the diced onions, red and green pepper and minced Garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or till the vegetables are slightly soft.
Add the ground turkey and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the spatula, till the meat is browned.
Add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Splenda brown sugar blend, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
Bring the meat mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, till the meat sauce is thickened to your liking.
Serve the Sloppy Joe over whole wheat buns and enjoy.
Read NextClassic Egg Salad Sandwich
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
- 24 Healthy Wrap and Sandwich Recipes
- Better-Than-Tuna Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Chicken Waldorf Pitas
- Egg, Tomato and Scallion Sandwich
- Upper Peninsula Pasties
- Grandma's Favorite Egg Salad Sandwich
- Healthy Vegetable Pockets
- Roasted Vegetable Sandwich with Yogurt Dressing
- Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Sandwich
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Sautéed Zucchini
- Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
- 7 Ingredient Kerala Fish Curry With Coconut
- Fruit Berry Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
- Air Fryer Keto Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- One Skillet Pepper Steak
- Christmas Punch Recipe Non-alcoholic
- Sparkling Fruit Punch Recipe
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook