Simit (turkish Sesame Bread)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Round chewy bread rings found evreywhere in Turkey, traditionally eaten as a snack or even part of the breakfast spread! My 1 week trip to Istanbul had me thinking about making and posting the simit recipe, and it was great to be able to pull it out of my oven! Simit is not the fastest bread to make simply because it is a yeast bread and the dough has to have some rise time, but believe me it is so worth it, and smelling the simit baking in your oven is really satifying! A plain simit with a glass of tea is a strong afternoon tradition in Turkey! "
NotesMost recipes call for an egg wash to provide the baked goods with a pleasing attractive golden color, but this is not the case with simit! The beautiful golden color of simit comes from the pekmez (grape molasses). The shaped simit is dipped in a diluted mixture of grape molasses and water to color it deep brown and to give a hint of sweetness and an earthy undertone, then the simit is rolled in sesame seeds on both sides before the legendary bread goes into the oven.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Homemade Refried Beans
- Keto Shrimp Foil Packets
- Creamy Rice And Shrimp
- Sweet Freezer Corn Recipe
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Low-carb Instant Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Chili Garlic Tofu Scramble
- Lemon-olive Oil Dressing – Clean Eating
- Chocolate Plus Breakfast Smoothie
- Braised Red Cabbage
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook