Lightened-Up Blueberry Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Grab a cup of coffee and bake up a little something sweet for your next breakfast, brunch, or snack! This Lightened-Up Blueberry Coffee Cake is moist, tender, and absolutely decadent. No one will ever know that its actually packed full of protein, whole grains, and fruit. So, this is a satisfying treat!"
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavored soy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 container vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or can substitute with canola oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus an additional 1 tablespoon for berries
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (egg, soy milk, yogurt, coconut oil, and almond extract).
In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt).
Stir together wet and dry ingredients, just until combined.
In a small bowl, mix together blueberries and 1 tablespoon flour. Gently fold 1 1/4 cup of the berries into the batter, reserving 1/4 cup for topping.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries.
Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, sliced almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
Read Next3-Ingredient Healthy Banana Pancakes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad adds a little zip to a classic dish. This deli salad recipe only requires three main ingredients, and… Continue reading: "Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad"
- 3-Ingredient Healthy Banana Pancakes
- The Perfect Soft Boiled Egg
- Strawberry and Rhubarb French Toast Bake
- Easy Breakfast Burritos
- Maple Bacon Pancakes
- Berries and Cream Parfait
- Overnight Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls
- Cheesy Zucchini Tart
- Sausage and Pepper Brunch Strata
- Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Tacos
- How To Make Taco Shells In The Air Fryer
- How To Cook A Turkey
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Simple Red Cabbage Soup
- The Best Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- The Ultimate Easy Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Turkey Tetrazzini
- Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Kerala Parippu Curry (kerala Dal Curry)
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook