Lightened-Up Blueberry Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Grab a cup of coffee and bake up a little something sweet for your next breakfast, brunch, or snack! This Lightened-Up Blueberry Coffee Cake is moist, tender, and absolutely decadent. No one will ever know that its actually packed full of protein, whole grains, and fruit. So, this is a satisfying treat!"
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavored soy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 container vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or can substitute with canola oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus an additional 1 tablespoon for berries
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (egg, soy milk, yogurt, coconut oil, and almond extract).
In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt).
Stir together wet and dry ingredients, just until combined.
In a small bowl, mix together blueberries and 1 tablespoon flour. Gently fold 1 1/4 cup of the berries into the batter, reserving 1/4 cup for topping.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries.
Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, sliced almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole
- Breakfast Quinoa with Eggs and Avocado
- Heart Healthy Homemade Granola
- Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Truffle Mushroom and Kale Omelette
- High Protein Breakfast Pancakes
- Skinny Lemon Blueberry Donuts with Lavender Glaze
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake (no Ice Cream Recipe)
- Healthy Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Spicy Black Bean Dip
- Chikoo Milkshake
- Fresh Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- Easy Homemade Pizza
- Crab Rangoon Egg Roll Appetizers
- Authentic Italian Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 30 Minute Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Baby Spinach Salad
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook