- see all comments
"Looks good but haven't tried it yet"
"What is the nutrition for this recipe?"
"The recipe won't pull up. I get and error page from a blogger named Kelly."
"5 ingredient cheesecake for 2"
Low Carb Banana Nut Bread
Craving banana bread but on a low carb diet? Make this delicious, but light on cards, banana nut bread recipe!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
If you are on a low carb diet, you may have thought that banana bread recipes were a thing of the past. However, this Low Carb Banana Nut Bread recipe shows you how to make a delicious healthy banana bread recipe perfectly fit for your low carb lifestyle. This low carb bread recipe is going to be your new favorite recipe to make. It's so easy and the results are so delicious. Make an extra loaf and save it for a day in the future where you're craving banana bread, but don't have the ingredients to make. You'll be glad you already made some and all you have to do is warm it up!
Fat: 23.6 g
Total Carbohydrates: 4.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 7.6 g
Cooking Time35 min
Nutrition HighlightsLow Carb
Type of DishBread
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Splenda
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons banana extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts
If you like this recipe, you'll love our collection of 7 Day Meal Plan with all Low Carb Diet Recipes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (225 degrees C).
In a stand mixer, add the cream cheese and butter, and cream ingredients together. Add Splenda, vanilla extract, and banana extract to the mixing bowl, and slowly add eggs individually while the mixer is on low speed. Scrape the sides to ensure everything is mixed. Mix for 30 seconds on a medium speed.
Reduce speed to low, and add almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder to the mix. Mix for 1 minute.
Add to two well-greased mini loaf pans and baked for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Benefits of Baking with Coconut Flour
This banana bread recipe is a delicious low-carb version of the very popular quick bread. It gets its traditional fluffiness from almond and coconut flour instead of all-purpose or wheat flours. There are actually a lot of health benefits to baking with coconut flour (besides being a low-carb substitute).
Coconut is actually very high in dietary fiber and can also help low cholesterol levels. A 100 gram serving of coconut flour actually has 39 grams of dietary fiber, while the recommended daily amount for adults is between 20-35 grams.
It is also filled with healthy fats. Coconut flour is made from pure, dried coconut that is blended into a fine powder, so you keep all of those healthy fats that are found in coconut flesh.
Coconut flour packs a protein punch! Each 100 gram serving of coconut flour contains 19.3 grams of protein, which is far more than other flours.
Trying to make more low carb recipes? Check out our helpful article on Low Carb Baking Substitutions
Read NextChocolate Chip Raspberry Bread
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Jul 24, 2018
This is be an easy recipe to make and a snack you can enjoy while you try to eat healthy.
anitahanson 478465 5
Jul 14, 2017
Your recipe ingredients are different than your actual instructions. Baking soda and baking powder are in the recipe but not in the ingredients. I put in both. I will let you know how it turns out.
Jul 17, 2017
Hi Anitahanson! I have updated the recipe - it should just be baking powder. Hope this helps!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Lightened Up Panera-Inspired Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Imagine you just ordered a cozy bowl of broccoli Cheddar soup. It's steaming hot, ultra creamy, and sitting in a big fluffy bread… Continue reading: "Lightened Up Panera-Inspired Broccoli Cheddar Soup"
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Bread
- 3 Ingredient Banana Cinnamon Rolls
- Cottage Cheese Cornbread
- Low Carb Banana Nut Bread
- Make-Ahead Surprise Crescent Rolls
- Old Fashioned Sweet Corn Bread
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole
- Cheaters' Banana Bread
- Easy Banana Bread in a Bread Machine
- Cinnamon Roll Pull Aparts
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal notes
- GET fast cooking tips
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Mediterranean Pinwheels
- Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Easy Rhubarb Delight Bars Recipe
- Best Simple Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Easy Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
- Easy Salmon Patties
- Low Carb Egg White Wrap
- Overnight Cookie Dough Oats
- Ground Beef And Cabbage Stir Fry
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook