Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
If you need to add a healthy appetizer to your list of holiday recipes, then try this Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Rocky Barragan. Stuffed with cream cheese, Bacon Bits and garlic, this easy appetizer is stuffed with flavor!
Total prep and cooking time: 45 minutes
For more information about and recipes from Rocky, check out her Featured Foodies profile page.
To see exactly how to make stuffed mushrooms Rocky style, watch this cooking video:
- 13 mushrooms
- 6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons 50% less fat Bacon Bits
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Wipe your mushrooms down with a clean and dry kitchen towel. Now remove the stems carefully and set aside. Finely mince up your mushroom stem.
- Spray down a pan with extra virgin olive oil spray and heat. Now add in your minced mushrooms stems and minced garlic. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Once your mushroom stems have cooked through remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- Stir in your seasoning and your 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
- Now let's stuff those mushrooms caps! Spray down a baking sheet with olive oil spray and place your mushroom caps on the sheet. Give a light spraying of olive oil spray to your mushroom caps as well. You'll stuff your mushroom caps with about 1/2 a tablespoon of your stuffing.
- Once you're done stuffing toss them into a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Read NextGoat Cheese Balls Appetizer