Raw Cherry Pie
Enjoy a slice of homemade pie without ever turning on your oven with this pie recipe. This Raw Cherry Pie recipe from Dorothy Delaney heavily features all natural ingredients, meaning you can feel good about eating this dessert recipe. If you are on a raw food diet then you will definitely enjoy this cherry pie.
For more raw food recipes, check out Dorothy's Featured Foodies profile page.
To see exactly how Dorothy makes this cherry pie recipe, watch this food video tutorial:
Makes1 9-inch pie
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 3 cups almonds, or other nuts
- 6 to 9 dates, soaked
- 1 tablespoon coconut crystals
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash sea salt
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 6 cups Bing or Rainier cherries, fresh pitted
- 9 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar, or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked for 10 miinutes
- 1 dash vanilla powder
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Process almonds and dates through Juicer using the solid screen. Add the psyllium and vanilla.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch glass pie pan, saving 1/4 of the mixture for the lattice.
- Roll the dough and carefully cut out your strips 1/2-inch wide. Lift them with a knife onto the top of the pie creating a lattice effect. Cover and put into the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Place all filling ingredients in a food processor and process until thoroughly blended and creamy. Immediately pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Place in dehydrator for 4 to 6 hours at 105 degrees F until filling is to the right consistency. Serve or cover and refrigerate.
Read Next4-Ingredient Yogurt Pie