Turkey Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
With only five ingredients, this recipe for Turkey Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts from Rocky Barragan is one of the easiest healthy appetizer recipes to assemble. If you need a healthy dish to spice up your holiday party, then this is the easy appetizer for you.
Total prep and cooking time: 2 1/2 hours
For more information about and recipes from Rocky, check out her Featured Foodies profile page.
To see exactly how Rocky makes this easy appetizer, watch this food video:
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 8 ounces reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 8 slices of turkey bacon
- Olive oil spray
- Drain your water chestnuts and place in a bowl. Add in your reduced sodium soy sauce and your brown sugar.
- Mix together and place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Now let's wrap those water chestnuts! Take your strips of turkey bacon and cut them in half. Now wrap a slice of turkey bacon around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Keep on going until all your water chestnuts are wrapped.
- Spray down a baking sheet with olive oil spray and place down your wrapped water chestnuts. Now toss them into a 350 degree oven F for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Read NextSmoked Salmon Canapés With Cucumber