49 Recipes for Diabetics: Low-Sugar and Low-Carb Menu Ideas
By: Beth Ann Morley, Editor, FaveHealthyRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're first diagnosed with diabetes, it often comes as a rude awakening. Making diabetic-specific recipes and watching your intake of sugar and carbohydrates can be tricky if you're not sure where to start.
But don't worry, before long you'll discover a wide variety of delicious recipes that you can enjoy. These recipes will be sugar-free and low-carb, but they'll taste as good as, if not better than, your old recipes. Being diabetic shouldn't stop you from enjoying the foods you love; you just need to be more aware of portion control and nutritional information.
To help you find recipes that fit your lifestyle, we've provided 49 low-sugar and low-carb recipes that will delight both you and your family. This page features a wide variety of diabetic-friendly recipes* that are easy to make and serve as phenomenal recipes for family suppers and even dinner parties. Your guests will never suspect that they are eating healthy recipes because they'll be raving about the amazing taste!
If you like these healthy diabetic recipes, you'll love our Complete Collection of Low-Carb Recipes.
49 Recipes for Diabetics:
Low-Sugar and Low-Carb Menu Ideas
Table of Contents
The wholesome low-carb diabetic recipes in this collection are the perfect way to start your day. Although these recipes are low in carbs and sugar, they're packed with protein and flavor. We promise that all of these diabetic breakfast recipes would be perfect to jump start your day.
- Little Omelet Muffins
- Crustless Quiche Casserole
- Miss Bessie's Breakfast Bake
- Flourless Almond Butter Muffins
- Paleo Huevos Divorciados
- Single-Serving Mini Quiche (pictured)
When you're looking for an afternoon snack, you need to check this list of easy healthy recipes first. These diabetic-friendly snacks offer a little sugar kick to tide you over, but you won't experience an ounce of guilt.
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Bread Sticks (pictured)
- Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Bites
- Watermelon Donuts
- Clean-Eating Spelt Crackers
- Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- BLTA Stuffed Tomatoes
Below, you’ll find easy-to-make and yummy-to-eat lunch recipes. Fill up on protein, veggies, fruit, and whole grains when you whip up one of these low-carb lunch ideas.
- Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Low-Carb Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Skinny Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Asian Turkey Meatballs
- Asian Quinoa Meatballs
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza (pictured)
- Cherry Tomato Frittata
- Gluten Free Ham and Egg Fried Rice
- Simple Chicken Cacciatore
These options for diabetic recipes were selected because they are low in sugar and carbs. Below, you will find main meals that will fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied. When you make these recipes, your friends and family will never suspect how healthy they actually are.
- Simple Salsa Slow Cooker Chicken
- Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- Crustless Roasted Red Pepper Quiche
- Simple Soy and Lime Chicken
- Skinny Kale and Butternut Squash Quiche
- Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie
- Broccoli and Zucchini Noodle Casserole
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy
- Zucchini Stuffed with Chicken Enchilada
- Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon
- Quick and Easy Herbed Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Low-Carb Teriyaki Salmon (pictured)
- Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken Breast
- Balsamic Chicken and Tomato Dinner
- Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Broiled Tilapia with Tomato Caper Sauce
- Buffalo Baked Chicken
- Indian Flavored Pounded Chicken
You may be diabetic, but that doesn't mean you have to cut out all sweets from your diet. Indulge your sweet tooth with these low-carb desserts. A single serving of these treats would be the perfect way to end any day.
- 5-Ingredient Single-Serve Chocolate Cake
- Low-Carb Chocolate Brownies (pictured)
- Healthy Zucchini Brownies
- No-Bake Thumbprint Cookies
- Low-Carb Scotcharoos
- Healthy Homemade Oreos
- Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
*These recipes have not been approved or recommended by a physician, but rather they represent part of a balanced, low-carb and low-sugar diet that may be suitable alternatives for recipes that are high in sugar and carbohydrates. Please consult your doctor before consuming any foods if you have any dietary concerns or questions about a diabetic diet and the recipes in this collection.
Searching for more easy healthy recipes? Download our free eCookbook, The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 49 Recipes for Diabetics: Low-Sugar and Low-Carb Menu Ideas
- 129 Low-Carb Recipes for a Healthy Lifestyle
- 24 Best Ever Low-Carb Diet Recipes
- 11 Low-Carb Recipes: The Best Homemade Healthy Recipes
- Our Favorite Feel Good Foods: 11 Low Carb Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 1200 Calorie Meal Plan: 7 Days of Low Calorie Recipes
- Top 10 Healthy Dinner Recipes for a Low Carb Diet
- 14 Sugar Free Recipes for Dessert
- "The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes" Free eCookbook
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Corn & Chive Cornbread Muffins
- Garden Vegetable Breakfast Burritos
- Becky's No Pasta Lasagna
- Grilled Black Fig and Burrata Salad
- Summer's Best Peaches with Mascarpone and Passionfruit Drizzle
- Cajun Spice Salmon Caesar Salad
- Harvest Pumpkin Chili
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken Breast Tenders
- Courgettes with Grape Tomatoes and Cottage Cheese