49 Recipes for Diabetics: Low Sugar and Low Carb Menu Ideas
By: Jessica Farris, Editor, FaveHealthyRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When my grandfather was first diagnosed with diabetes, no one in my family was sure what to do. We had never made diabetic recipes before, and we were not used to watching our intake of sugar and carbohydrates.
At first, we had trouble finding low carb recipes that tasted good, but we consulted friends and various cookbooks, and before long we had discovered a veritable treasure trove of delicious sugar free dessert recipes, diabetic dinner recipes, and low carb breakfast recipes.
FaveHealthyRecipes features a wide variety of diabetic* friendly recipes that are easy to make and serve as phenomenal recipes for family suppers and even dinner parties. Your guests will never suspect that they are eating healthy diabetic recipes because they will be raving about the amazing taste!
If you like these healthy diabetic recipes, you'll love our collection of Feel Good Food: 11 Low-Carb Recipes.
49 Recipes for Diabetics: Low Sugar and Low Carb Menu Ideas
Table of Contents
The wholesome low carb diabetic recipes in this collection are the perfect way to start your day, no matter your medical condition. Low in carbs and sugar but packed with protein and flavor, each of these diabetic breakfast recipes is a great beginning to your morning.
- Low-Carb Denver Muffins - These muffin-shaped Denver Omelettes are just the ticket for a diabetic diet.
- 150-Calorie Spicy Asiago and Spinach Baked Eggs - (Pictured above) Taste some portion-controlled perfection with this great low carb breakfast recipe.
- Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust - This quiche is as easy as (egg) pie!
- Low-fat Black Forest Parfait - Diabetic breakfast recipes can be berry good!
- Homemade Hot Flax Cereal - This wholesome breakfast will warm you to the tip of your toes!
- Salmon Omelette with Tarragon - Salmon is rich in important Omega-3 fatty acids to keep you healthy!
- Low-Carb Cinnabon Sweet Rolls - Cinnamon rolls are no longer off the menu with this great lower-sugar alternative!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins - These make me egg-static!
Anyone with diabetes or a diabetic family member understands that terrifying jolt when the blood sugar drops and lightheadedness kicks in. If you can’t make it to the medicine drawer, try one of these handy dandy low sugar recipes for snacks to have on hand in case of emergencies. These diabetic friendly snacks offer a little sugar kick to tide you over without any guilt!
- Homemade Microwave Popcorn - (Pictured above) Crunch and munch on a whole grain snack!
- Homemade Fruit Leather - Fruit leathers have enough sugar for a quick fix, but they're not unhealthy like candy.
- Nutella Joe Muddy Buddies - These are more like a dessert than anything, but diabetic dessert recipes like this are a good way to boost your blood sugar in emergencies.
- Dark Chocolate Cereal and Snack Mix - Have a handful of dark chocolate cereal for a healthy and wholesome alternative to candy.
- Hot Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - Low sugar recipes like this pack protein power.
- Whole Grain Energy Bites - Boost your energy!
- Garlic Flavored Almonds - These almonds make healthy diabetic recipes for any time of the day.
- Curried Kale Chips - This alternative to fatty, starchy chips taste so good.
Below, you’ll find great soups, salads and sandwiches for a diabetic lunch menu. Fill up on protein, veggies, fruit and whole grains when you whip up one of these low carb diabetic lunch ideas.
- Southwestern Whole Grain Egg Sandwich - (pictured above) Protein-rich whole grains will keep you full.
- Beef and Garden Vegetable Stew - Heart healthy diabetic recipes can be hearty too.
- Marinade Cucumber Sandwiches - Kick those sugar cravings!
- Mango Grilled Chicken Salad - It sounds unusual, but it's really delicious!
- Low Carb Red Pepper Soup - Spice up your diabetic recipes.
- Quinoa Salad - Quinoa makes a low-starch, high-protein meal.
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad - Love your veggies.
- Easy-Peasy Fruit Salad - If you need some sweetness, try delicious low sugar recipes like this!
- Pumpkin Black Bean Soup - "Pump" it up!
- Grilled Lamb Salad - Indulge in a light lamb salad and other diabetic friendly recipes.
- Warm Turkey Chili - Chili will never be off-limits again!
These options for diabetic recipes were specially selected because they are low in sugar and carbs. Below, you will find hors d’oeuvres and entrees featuring wholesome vegetables and lean meats to help you get healthy and stay healthy without compromising your condition. Make these recipes for diabetic friends and family members, and no one will suspect how healthy they are because they taste so good!
- Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms - Diabetic friendly recipes like this pack a punch of flavor.
- Apple Cider Pork - Low carb recipes like this are great for holidays!
- Low-Carb Honey Mustard Chicken - The sweet honey mustard adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Avocado Soybean Veggie Burgers - These burgers have all the flavor of beef without the guilt!
- Grilled Steak Arugula Salad - Arugula is packed with vitamins and a nice peppery flavor.
- Pomi Eggplant Parmesan - This is one of the best healthy diabetic recipes on this list.
- Walnut and Rosemary Oven "Fried" Chicken - (Pictured above) I bet you'll like diabetic recipes like this as much as real fried chicken.
- Italian Veal with Anchovies and Tuna - Cook diabetic recipes like a gourmet chef!
- Baked Catfish with Almonds - Incorporate those good fish oils.
- Stir-Fry Lamb with Broccoli and Mushrooms - This recipe is a pan-Asian sensation!
- Low-Carb Tuna Cakes - Never fear, low carb dinner recipes are here!
- Salmon and Avocado with Sesame Ginger Dressing - Get fancy with your diabetic friendly recipes.
- Apple and Brow Rice Pilaf with Thyme - It's "thyme" to make this amazing side dish.
Your blood sugar can be a ticking time bomb, but with these low carb recipes, you don’t have to worry about that! Indulge your sweet tooth, no sweat with some great bites. These recipes are also perfect if your blood sugar drops a little too low because they’re not overloaded with fat, sugar and carbs.
- Low-Carb Scotcharoos - No one will ever guess that low-carb recipes like this are guilt free!
- Gluten Free Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - Diabetic cookie recipes like this are instant classics.
- Walnut Rum Meringues - Light and fluffy meringues are a good way to control your cravings.
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes - Don't be afraid to indulge in these light little bites.
- Amazing Yellow Cake with Fluffy Frosting - This cake is great for diabetics.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies - Diabetic cookie recipes will put a smile on your face.
- Banana Pudding with Homemade Vanilla Wafers - You can control the amount of sugar you put in these healthy diabetic dessert recipes.
- Easy, Low-Carb Chocolate Brownies - Who knew brownies could be diabetic friendly recipes?
- Chocolate Cake in a Mug - (Pictured above) This is portion-controlled, guilt-free goodness in a mug!
*These recipes have not been approved or recommended by a physician, but rather represent part of a balanced, low carb and low sugar diet that may be suitable alternatives for recipes that are higher in sugar and carbohydrates. Please consult your doctor before consuming any foods if you have any dietary concerns or questions about a diabetic diet and the recipes in this collection.
Searching for more easy healthy recipes? Download our free eCookbook, The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Low-Carb Recipes: The Best Homemade Healthy Recipes
- 49 Recipes for Diabetics: Low Sugar and Low Carb Menu Ideas
- 24 Best Ever Low-Carb Diet Recipes
- 129 Low-Carb Recipes for a Healthy Lifestyle
- How to Cook Low Calorie Meals: 32 Healthy Low Calorie Recipes To Try eCookbook
- Top 10 Healthy Dinner Recipes for a Low Carb Diet
- "The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes" Free eCookbook
- Our Favorite Feel Good Foods: 11 Low Carb Recipes
- 14 Sugar Free Recipes for Dessert
- Low-Carb Mac and Cheese
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 40 Healthy Easy Mexican Recipes Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- Cooking Low Carb Foods: 26 Free Low Carb Recipes eCookbook
- How to Cook Low Calorie Meals: 32 Healthy Low Calorie Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- Potluck Ideas: 8 Vegetarian Recipes
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Marie's Pasta e Fagioli
- Coconut Lime Chicken Kabobs
- Roasted Red Pepper Almond Hummus
- Quick and Easy Avocado Tuna Salad
- Skinny Girl's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cakes
- Mediterranean Pita Bites
- Honey, Soy, and Garlic Tilapia
- Lemon Yogurt Bread
- Simple Sweet Potato Salad
- 8 All-Natural Paleo Appetizers