Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking to make chocolate chip cookies that are a bit healthier for you? Then give this Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe a try. These are some of the best chocolate chip cookies around!
cups semisweet dark chocolate chips
6 tablespoons flour, white whole wheat or all-purpose
teaspoon baking powder
cup sugar substitute suitable for baking
4 egg whites
2 tablespoons honey
teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line three large baking sheets with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips in medium glass bowl. Microwave bowl on medium-high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds, about 2 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat together sugar substitute, egg whites, honey and extract in medium bowl until thick, about three minutes.
- Gradually beat in melted chocolate, then dry ingredients. Mix in remaining chocolate chips. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Drop 7 big tablespoons of batter on each prepared baking sheet, spacing 3 inches apart. Keep in mind that the cookies will spread when baking
- Bake until cookies are cracked on top and softly set, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely.