Christmas Cookie Countdown 2012
By: Audrey Huggett, Editor, FaveHealthyRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Christmas cookies are an integral part of the holiday spirit. There's nothing quite like coming home on a cold day to warm up with a delicious sugary snack. This year, we have decided to celebrate the Christmas season with a Christmas Cookie Countdown. Everyday until Christmas we will be featuring our best cookie recipes so that you can be fully prepared with the most delicious recipes out there. You'll be the queen of family gatherings and cookie swaps. We'll have cookie recipes for everyone: from simple Christmas cookies, for those who don't like a lot of fuss or who want to make cookies in bulk, to traditional Christmas cookies. You won't want to miss out on a single recipe. Sign up for our free email newsletter, Quick and Healthy Recipes, to stay updated on the cookie countdown and to get a look at all of our fantastic recipes.
Without further ado, here is the Christmas Cookie Countdown:
30. Coconut Oatmeal Toffee Cookies (pictured left) No one can resist the sweet combination of flavors found in this easy cookies recipe. If you want to make this Coconut Oatmeal Toffee Cookies recipe healthier, luckily Averie of Averie Cooks includes suggestions on how to make these cookies vegan and gluten free. This baking idea would also be a great addition to your holiday cookie recipes list.
29. Sugar Plums Do visions of sugar plums dance in your head? You're not alone. This Sugar Plums Recipe is a traditional version of this Christmas favorite. Filled with nuts and dried fruits, this is a one-of-a-kind super food dessert.
28. Chocolate and Vanilla Pinwheel Cookies Christmas time can be any time with these Gluten-Free Chocolate and Vanilla Pinwheel Cookies. Regardless of the time of year, this pinwheel cookie recipe is sure to wow your friends and family. This is a great recipe to show off those baking skills.
27. Christmas Tree Cake How-To (pictured right) It's the most wonderful time of the year â€¦ and the most delicious. If you're looking to wow your guests this holiday season, follow this Christmas Tree Cake How-To to make an impressive tower of decorative Christmas cookies resembling a snow-filled tree. There will be peace on Earth and in their tummies.
26. Snowballs Low-Carb Version Traditionally a Christmas cookie, Snowballs can be smothered in calories. But, this Snowballs Low-Carb Version uses natural peanut butter and chocolate protein powder to boost nutrition. This is definitely a unique recipe for the health-conscious sweet eater.
25. Egg Nog Cookies Say hello to Gluten-Free Egg Nog Cookies, a sugar cookie recipe from one of our Featured Foodies. These cookies aren't just for Santa. They're quick, easy and delicious for any time of the year.
24. Chocolate Saltine Toffee (pictured left) Chocolate Saltine Toffee, also known as Christmas Crack, is one of the easiest and most addicting holiday dessert recipes we've come across. When you put chocolate and caramel together in a recipe that takes about ten minutes to make, you know you're in trouble. You won't want to, but try to save some for your guests.
23. Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Looking to make chocolate chip cookies that are a bit healthier for you? Then give this Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe a try. These are some of the best chocolate chip cookies around!
22. Almond Cookies (pictured above) This recipe for Almond Cookies will become an instant favorite with your first bite. These almond cookies have a soft, chewy texture that perfectly contrasts the crunchy almond slices and icing that top these tasty treats. This is an easy recipe to whip up for the holiday season. There's no need to spend a lot of time on dessert when you have this recipe up your sleeve. You can easily have a whole batch of cookies done in less than a half an hour when you add this recipe to your arsenal. If you're attending a cookie swap, this almond cookie recipe is a great choice.
21. Soft Gingerbread Spice Cookies Sugar and spice and everything nice! That's the case with these little Soft Gingerbread Spice Cookies. Prepare to embrace fall and the holiday season with this traditional cookie recipe for kids and adults alike. They're great for parties or just with milk after dinner. They are a favorite and an easy make ahead dessert.
20. Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies (pictured right) These cookies have a secret ingredient that makes them an incredibly easy and quick recipe. That's right, you make these Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies with cake mix. You'll never try a cookie quite like these ones. The cake mix gives them a thick, moist texture that is reminiscent of cake in all the right ways. Cream cheese adds a bit of a tangy undertone to the flavor and makes these a mega moist cookie perfect for any occasion.
19. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (pictured left) White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are a classic treat that can be served at any time of the year. You can make these delicious cookies right in your own home with this simple recipe. You'll be delighted at how easily you can make these bakery-worthy cookies. The flavors of the white chocolate and macadamia nuts are perfect companions and create a symphony just for your taste buds. These cookies have a salty and sweet flavor and a chewy texture. Everyone will be enchanted by these unassuming-looking cookies that pack a big punch in the taste department.
18. Almond Crescent Cookies Without a doubt, Almond Crescent Cookie Recipes have been around since the beginning of time ... for good reason. These buttery and flaky Christmas cookies (traditionally) are loaded with nutritious almonds. Plus, they're quick and easy to make. Only 25 minutes from start to finish.
17. Coconut Banana Cookie Bars If you've got some bananas lying around the house and need to use them up, make up a batch of these Coconut Banana Cookie Bites to drive your brown-banana woes away. Coconut flakes give shape, texture, and flavor to the dough, while the mashed bananas act as a healthy replacement for butter. No one will miss the dairy in these vegan cookies, though! These easy coconut cookies are a perfect end of day snack for the entire family. You need to bake these homemade banana cookies at a low temperature for a while, so make sure you are able to hang around to keep an eye on them.
16. No-Bake Copycat Thin Mints (pictured right) If you love Girl Scout cookies, you'll love this No-Bake Copycat Thin Mints recipe. With surprising ingredients, this might be the easiest and most delicious copycat cookie recipe you'll find. You'll be shocked at how simple this recipe really is.
1. Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti What's better than a twice baked potato? A twice baked cookie! Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti are not just for the holidays. With simple ingredients like chocolate chips and nuts, this chocolate biscotti recipe is a year-round favorite.
Images from other cooks
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Peppermint Blossom Crinkle Cookies
- 10 Healthy Christmas Recipes: Blogger Edition Free eCookbook
- 28 Healthy Christmas Food Gift Ideas
- Eggnog Fudge
- Cranberry Dark Chocolate Bark
- Sugar Plums Recipe
- 19 Christmas Dessert Recipes for a Skinnier Santa
- The Ultimate Guide to Healthy Christmas Cookies: 39 Recipes
- Christmas Tree Cake How-To
- Santa Hat Party Mix
- 10 Christmas Cookies to Make in 10 Minutes or Less
- 10 Quick & Easy Recipes for Thanksgiving Desserts
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- 21 Healthy Christmas Recipes: Blogger Edition Free eCookbook
- 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus Free eCookbook
- 8 Classic Recipes for the Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 8 Healthy Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- How to Cook Low Calorie Meals: 32 Healthy Low Calorie Recipes
- Potluck Ideas: 8 Vegetarian Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Tastes Like Chicken Soup Casserole
- The Healthy Slow Cooker, Second Edition Review
- Feel Good Peanut Butter Snowballs
- Triple Chocolate Nutella Fudge
- Silverstone 12-Piece Cookware Set
- Meatless Goulash
- Amish Style Chicken and Noodles
- This Can't Be Healthy! Apple Bread Pudding
- Deep Dish Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Greek Layer Dip