The Ice Dream Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Something titled The Ice Dream Cookbook automatically grabs my attention. I absolutely love ice cream. The amount of flavors available now a day’s paired with the extensive amount of toppings means I will always have a weak spot for the high calorie dessert. Having no allergies, I’ve never had to worry about my choices of flavor or toppings, until I read this book.
“Dairy-Free Ice Cream Alternatives with Gluten-Free Cookies, Compotes & Sauces” sounds like a gift I should buy for my lactose intolerant friends, but in truth the secrets are applicable to anyone watching their weight or health. I found the first few chapters to be full of interesting facts about the benefits of switching to more natural products as an alternative to typical cooking ingredients. Sugar, I found out, is even worse than I originally thought it out to be, and we could all benefit from switching to stevia, a much better option to even artificial sweeteners.
This book has so many innovative substitutes for ingredients that will seemingly allow for sweet tooth cravings while helping the heart health, and weight loss. The Peanut Buttery Hot Chocolate Sauce is made with unsweetened coconut milk, an apparent home run in comparison to mass marketed cow’s milk. And while it’s made in a healthier way, it’s also a great idea for the Peanut Butter-Chocolate combo, which is one of my favorites.
Besides the great ideas the book has for sauces, there are also enough variations in the flavors to fill an Ice Cream Shop. I loved the eye opening facts about the nutrition and hazards of typical ingredients, with the explanation of alternatives that could easily be mixed up and added into the fantastic recipes that The Ice Dream Cookbook offers. A very informative cookbook, there was also a helpful section of necessary and optional kitchen appliances, helpful for anyone sprucing up or just starting their kitchen. With tips, facts, and fantastic recipes, this book will keep your sweet tooth satisfied while your educating your sense of nutrition."
"Ten chapters of wonderful recipes for ice cream and cookies, The Ice Dream Cookbook is everything your dairy-free and gluten-free taste buds could ask for. Chef Rachel Albert teaches you how to make all of your favorite classics - chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry - and some new not-so-classics that must be tried like peanut butter and jelly, chai tea, and pumpkin. The selection of recipes does not forget to include sauces and ice cream sandwiches and pie crusts.
This cookbook is perfect for those new to maintaining dairy-free or gluten-free diets. It begins with a very detailed introduction with information on what it means to be allergic to gluten, tips for replacing sugar, a glossary of ingredients, and shopping tips. Everything you may need to get started on the path of dairy-free is included in this fun and comprehensive cookbook. So go ahead, feel a little less guilty about your guilty pleasures."
Read NextHerbivoracious Cookbook Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Herbivoracious Cookbook Review
- Peanut Butter Comfort Review
- Jazzy Vegetarian Classics Review
- The Garden of Eating Cookbook Review
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day Cookbook Review
- Luscious Chocolate Smoothies Cookbook Review
- Veganize This! Cookbook Review
- The Ice Dream Cookbook Review
- The Secret to Skinny Book Review
- Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook Review
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Keto Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- One Skillet Pepper Steak
- Christmas Punch Recipe Non-alcoholic
- Sparkling Fruit Punch Recipe
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Pasta (without Cream!)
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- How To Dehydrate Zucchini
- Soft Homemade Cheese Buns
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook