Chipotle Marinated Lamb Chops with Mint Cream
Kick it up a notch with Chipotle-Marinated Lamb Chops with Mint Cream! The chipotle chiles and cilantro make this lamb a perfect dish.
1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles en adobo
cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
6 cloves garlic
6 sprigs fresh oregano
2 bunches cilantro
16 lamb chops cut from rack
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 carrots, cut into 2-inch julienne
4 leeks, well rinsed and cut into 2-inch julienne
2 cups chicken stock
12 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Combine chipotles, 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano and 1 bunch cilantro in blender or food processor. Puree and pour into mixing bowl.
- Holding by bone, dip each lamb chop into puree. Keep bone section dry. Cover chops and marinate overnight in refrigerator, or 3 hours at room temperature. Reserve chipotle puree.
- Heat olive oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place chops in hot pan and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet With chops to 350 degree F oven 5 minutes. It may have to be done in batches.
- Remove skillet from oven. Transfer chops to serving dish and keep warm. Place skillet on medium heat and pour in remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Reduce while scraping lamb juices and marinade from bottom of pan. For hotter sauce, add reserved chipotle puree to taste.
- Add carrots and leeks, keeping to 1 side of skillet. Chop remaining bunch cilantro, reserving few sprigs for garnish. Add to skillet with chicken stock and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce starts to thicken. Remove carrots and leeks to serving plate. Pour sauce into blender or food processor and process until smooth with some chunks.
- Place lamb chops on carrots and leeks and pour sauce over. Garnish with Mint Cream and reserved cilantro sprigs.
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine sour cream, mint leaves and vinegar in blender or food processor and puree.
- Force through sieve to remove excess fibers.
Makes about 1 cup sauce.