The 7 Day Metabolism Diet
By: Caley Walsh
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Metabolism Diet attempts to boost your overall metabolism with a high-protein, low-carb diet plan for one week.
What it is: The one-week Metabolism Diet sounds like a version of Atkins, emphasizing low intake of carbs and high protein.
How it works: The Metabolism Diet advises that you eat protein at lunch and dinner and eat VERY light breakfasts for one week.
What you do:
Day 1: Breakfast: you drink only coffee or tea with 1-2 packets of sugarless sweetener. For lunch, you eat 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 cup cooked spinach. For dinner, you eat a lettuce and celery salad and 1 6 oz. steak.
Day 2: Breakfast- you can have a water cracker in addition to your coffee/tea. Lunch- Same as dinner from Day 1 Dinner- 8-10 oz. of ham
Day 3- Breakfast- Same as day 2 Lunch- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup green beans, 1 cup tomatoes. Dinner- Same as Day 2 with addition of 2 cups of green bean/tomato salad
Day 4- Breakfast- Same as Day 2-3 Lunch- 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 cup raw carrots Dinner- 1 cup regular yogurt, 1 oz. mozzarella cheese, 1 cup fruit salad
Day 5- Breakfast- tea/coffee, 1 raw carrot, juice of raw lemon Lunch- 1 (4-6oz) fried fish fillet and tomato salad Dinner- 1 4-6 oz. steak and green salad
Day 6- Breakfast- Same as Day 2-3 Lunch- 1 4-8 oz. chicken broiled w/out skin Dinner- 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 raw carrot
Day 7- Breakfast- Tea w/lemon Lunch- 1 4-8 oz. steak broiled or grilled Dinner- sensible dinner
Benefits: This 7-day low-calorie diet may cause you to lose weight.
Downside: The diet is rich in red meat and thus in cholesterol. The diet looks to be dangerously low in overall calories, nutrients and fiber.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Easy Healthy Recipes: 24 Simple Healthy Recipes for Your Family
- What To Bring To A Potluck: 21 Potluck Favorites and Other Easy Entertaining Ideas
- "How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas" Free eCookbook
- 15 Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- 30 Backyard Barbecue Menu Ideas
- 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- The Best Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- 30 Easy Healthy Weeknight Dinners for Warm Weather
- 47 Portable Heart Healthy Lunch Recipes
- 12 of our Best Easy Low-Calorie Recipes
- 11 Easy Soup & Stew Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 17 Low-Calorie Recipes: Easy Healthy Recipes for Your Diet
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You
- 31 Healthy Easy Recipes for a Slow Cooker Free eCookbook
- Cheap Recipes Made Easy: 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes: 29 Super Easy Breakfast Menus
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Vegan Baking Substitutions and 6 Easy Vegan Recipes
- Grilled Baby Potatoes with Rosemary
- Banana Berry Fresh Green Smoothie
- Raspberry Blueberry Lemonade
- Grilled Paleo Tuna Recipe with Cilantro Lime Marinade
- California Grilled Tuna Torte Recipe
- Grilled Sweet Tea Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Mole Recipe
- Simple Strawberry Spa Salad
- In a Jiffy Corn Casserole-Revised