The 7 Day Metabolism Diet
By: Caley Walsh
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Metabolism Diet attempts to boost your overall metabolism with a high-protein, low-carb diet plan for one week.
What it is: The one-week Metabolism Diet sounds like a version of Atkins, emphasizing low intake of carbs and high protein.
How it works: The Metabolism Diet advises that you eat protein at lunch and dinner and eat VERY light breakfasts for one week.
What you do:
Day 1: Breakfast: you drink only coffee or tea with 1-2 packets of sugarless sweetener. For lunch, you eat 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 cup cooked spinach. For dinner, you eat a lettuce and celery salad and 1 6 oz. steak.
Day 2: Breakfast- you can have a water cracker in addition to your coffee/tea. Lunch- Same as dinner from Day 1 Dinner- 8-10 oz. of ham
Day 3- Breakfast- Same as day 2 Lunch- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup green beans, 1 cup tomatoes. Dinner- Same as Day 2 with addition of 2 cups of green bean/tomato salad
Day 4- Breakfast- Same as Day 2-3 Lunch- 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 cup raw carrots Dinner- 1 cup regular yogurt, 1 oz. mozzarella cheese, 1 cup fruit salad
Day 5- Breakfast- tea/coffee, 1 raw carrot, juice of raw lemon Lunch- 1 (4-6oz) fried fish fillet and tomato salad Dinner- 1 4-6 oz. steak and green salad
Day 6- Breakfast- Same as Day 2-3 Lunch- 1 4-8 oz. chicken broiled w/out skin Dinner- 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 raw carrot
Day 7- Breakfast- Tea w/lemon Lunch- 1 4-8 oz. steak broiled or grilled Dinner- sensible dinner
Benefits: This 7-day low-calorie diet may cause you to lose weight.
Downside: The diet is rich in red meat and thus in cholesterol. The diet looks to be dangerously low in overall calories, nutrients and fiber.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 10 Amish Recipes for Your Family Dinners
- Going Crustless: 10 Easy Pie Recipes
- 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- 8 Quick Bread Recipes + 4 Gluten-Free Bread Recipes
- What To Bring To A Potluck: 21 Potluck Favorites and Other Easy Entertaining Ideas
- 30 Backyard Barbecue Menu Ideas
- "The 14 Best Healthy Comfort Food Recipes" Free eCookbook
- Top 10 Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes
- 15 Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes Free eCookbook
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You Free eCookbook
- 40 Healthy Easy Mexican Recipes Free eCookbook
- Cooking Low Carb Foods: 26 Free Low Carb Recipes eCookbook
- How to Cook Low Calorie Meals: 32 Healthy Low Calorie Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- Potluck Ideas: 8 Vegetarian Recipes
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Ground Pork Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
- Healthy Strawberry Quinoa Parfait
- Chicken Avocado Burgers
- 15 Simply Sweet Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Super Simple Mason Jar Salads
- Skinny Girl's Baked Zucchini Chips
- Architec Products
- Classic Chicken and Broccoli
- Skinny Lemon Blueberry Donuts with Lavender Glaze
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostadas