12 Best Free Easy Low Calorie Recipes
By: Matthew Kaplan, Editor, FaveDiets.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The easiest and healthiest way to lose weight is to burn more calories than are consumed. The average American only needs around 2000 calories a day, but for many it is very easy to exceed this average on a daily basis. To help out, here are the FaveHealthyRecipes.com 12 best free easy low calorie recipes, plus some great tips on cooking fast low calorie recipes. Only eating low calorie and low fat foods does not mean starving yourself. These low calorie dinner recipes are delicious and filling, and best of all good for you too.
Walnut Potato Chicken – With only six ingredients, this fast low calorie recipes cooks up in no time at all.
Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli and Chicken – A healthy take on macaroni and cheese, this is one of the tastiest low cal pasta recipes around.
Heart-Healthy Vegetarian Baked Beans - This sweet and savory side dish is one of the best low calorie foods.
Fabulous Wild Rice Casserole – Two types of rice add depth and flavor to this low calorie main dish recipe.
Cottage Cheese Loaf – Margarine and skim milk help keep the calories down in this classic dish turned low calorie food that fills.
Baked Halibut with Blue Cheese – Halibut and other white fish are great protein sources for fast low calorie recipes.
Tomato Chickpea Soup – The addition of chickpeas makes this delicious tomato soup a low calorie food that fills you up.
Banana-Mango Frozen Yogurt – This recipe shows that you can have dessert on low cal menus.
Broccoli Salad with Pine Nuts & Cranberry - Make this fast low calorie recipes even healthier and take out the bacon.
Orzo with Roasted Garlic – Low cal pasta recipes with this amount of flavor are hard to find.
Marinated Tofu and Vegetable Skewers – A free easy low calorie recipe perfect for a summer barbecue or year-round.
Lemon Lentils with Pumpkin – Healthy amounts of lentils and pumpkin ensures that this is a low calorie food that fills.
Cook with Nonstick – Use nonstick pots and pans over traditional cookware when you can. Cooking for on a nonstick surface means you don't have to use oil or butter to keep food from sticking, thereby reducing the amount of fat and calories in your cooking. If you don't have nonstick cookware, use a low fat or nonfat cooking spray to prevent food from sticking.
Use Spices – Spices are an easy low calorie way to add flavor to your cooking. Flavoring with oil or butter adds loads of calories, whereas spices add a negligible amount of calories to a dish. Hot sauce and salsa are another two tasty low calorie ways to add flavor to a recipe.
Baking Substitutions – Instead of using high calorie ingredients in baking like heavy cream and sugar, use substitutes. Use equal parts applesauce instead of oil in baking. Two egg whites can be substituted in for one regular egg. Avoid butter and sugar and use low calorie substitutes. Evaporated skim milk is a great low calorie substitute for heavy cream or half and half.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 10 Amish Recipes for Your Family Dinners
- Going Crustless: 10 Easy Pie Recipes
- 21 Old-Fashioned Recipes Made Healthy
- 8 Quick Bread Recipes + 4 Gluten-Free Bread Recipes
- 13 Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- What To Bring To A Potluck: 21 Potluck Favorites and Other Easy Entertaining Ideas
- 20 Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes
- Top 10 Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes
- 30 Backyard Barbecue Menu Ideas
- 30 Easy Healthy Weeknight Dinners for Warm Weather
- 12 Must-See Simple Salad Recipes
- 25 Healthy Low Cost Recipes Free eCookbook
- 27 Easy and Healthy Casserole Recipes For You Free eCookbook
- 40 Healthy Easy Mexican Recipes Free eCookbook
- Cooking Low Carb Foods: 26 Free Low Carb Recipes eCookbook
- How to Cook Low Calorie Meals: 32 Healthy Low Calorie Recipes
- How to Have Healthy Eating Habits: 7 Healthy Meal Ideas Free eCookbook
- Potluck Ideas: 8 Vegetarian Recipes
- The 27 Essential Heart Healthy Diet Recipes Free eCookbook
- The Ultimate List of Healthy Snacks: 40 Healthy Snack Recipes Free eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- BLTA Stuffed Tomatoes
- Gluten Free Ham and Egg Fried Rice
- Better Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Make Ahead Breakfast Bake for One
- Healthy Caramel Stuffed Banana Cupcakes
- Broccoli and Zucchini Noodle Casserole
- Low-Carb Key Lime Pie Milkshake
- Ground Pork Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
- Healthy Strawberry Quinoa Parfait
- Chicken Avocado Burgers